ECO EXPO Exhibitor Guidelines and Code of Conduct
The following information and rules have been compiled to ensure that both exhibitors and visitors to ECO EXPO have the best possible experience and truly enjoy their visit. They were established by fellow vendors following years of experience participating in events similar to ECO EXPO.
If you need any clarification or have comments, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Guidelines and Information
- Be courteous and cooperative with your fellow exhibitors and visitors.
- The most successful vendors at events such as this are those that greet and pay attention to each visitor to their booth (these are prospective customers). Eating, talking on your cellphone and reading are not recommended activities.
- Do not place any furniture, signage, products or other materials outside of your prescribed booth limits. (this can cause congestion or safety issues)
- Only distribute printed materials and samples to visitors from your booth (visitors don’t like to be accosted as they walk through the show).
- Do not leave your booth unattended for any period longer than five minutes. (this is just really bad form) In the event that you absolutely have to leave your booth for a longer period (for a bathroom break for instance) please inform your neighbouring exhibitors of your expected return.
- Selling products and services from your booth is permitted (some shows don’t allow this).
- If you are selling products and/or services onsite please bring sufficient cash as change.
- Wireless Internet and phone lines are not available onsite (i.e. for debit or credit card transactions).
- There is an ATM machine onsite for public use (in the east wing, near member services), however keep in mind that with heavy use these machines sometimes become depleted of cash.
- Please use recyclable, biodegradable or compostable bags, cups, cutlery etc. for takeaway products. (this is a “green” event after all)
- Ensure that you comply with all applicable laws and regulations and that if needed, your business has public liability insurance (based on the nature of your business). This protects you and your customers.
- Vendors invited to give presentations are asked to provide useful information rather than a sales pitch for your particular business, product or service. Allow adequate time for questions. Please respect the start and finish time assigned for your presentation. A volunteer with be there to remind (and prod) you if necessary. Presentations are generally 20 minutes long with 10 minutes for questions. If members of the audience have further questions and require more time, please redirect them to your booth
For Vendors of Food and Drink Products
- You are permitted to offer samples of any size and sell products at your booth.
- You cannot sell meals that will be consumed on site (since the RA Centre has a restaurant).
- If you are selling food and/or offering food samples, please have warning signage regarding any contents for which visitors may have an allergic reaction.
- Please ensure that any food (including samples) are prepared, stored and distributed in a hygienic manner consistent with local bylaws.
- If you are selling drinks in glass or plastic bottles or cans, please bring a recycling bin with you and encourage your customers to recycle.
Set up and Take Down
- There are convenient loading doors at the rear of the building which can be found at the east end of the building (the side closest to Billings Bridge, for those of you that are directionally challenged).
- Please be courteous and careful in moving your vehicle in the loading area. (there will a lot of activity in a short period of time)
- Please unload your vehicle as quickly as possible. Volunteers will be available to help you.
- If you have one, please bring a cart to help move your materials.
- If you are moving in any particularly large equipment, let us know and we can ‘possibly’ make arrangements for you to set up on Friday April 20th. This will be by exception only.
- If you are finished unpacking and have completed your set up, please offer to help other exhibitors (it is just the neighbourly thing to do)
- When you have completed your unloading please remove and park your vehicle in the east parking lot (to make room for others).
- All booths must be ready for the public by 9:45 am. Opening is 10 am sharp. (we don’t want to keep our visitors waiting).
- Set up times are from 8 am to 9:45 am each day. Those that come early will have less waiting at the loading area.
- The building is secured at night, but we strongly recommend that you remove anything that is valuable and portable (laptop computers for example). The ECO EXPO organizers or the RA Centre cannot be held responsible for any theft or loss.
- Tear down time is from 4 pm to 6 pm .
- Before you leave on Sunday (after 4 pm), please return your exhibitor badges and ensure that all tables, table cloths and chairs provided are in your booth area. If this happens, you will receive your $50 refundable deposit back (in cash). Please come to the reception desk at the entrance to receive your refund.